Before coming to class, please read our Policies page
At this time, we only offer instruction for aerial silks/tissu. However, we do have apparatuses set-up for open practice on aerial hoop/lyra, static trapeze, and aerial straps. Please see the “Open Practice” section for more details.
Aerial Silks Level 1 – No experience required for this class–ideal for silk and aerial-newbies! In this level, students will work on the basics (e.g. climbs, footlocks), simple poses, and footlocks in the air.
To advance to level 2, must demonstrate competency in:
– Basic and military/Russian climb (both left and right) at least halfway up the silks (15 feet) with smooth descent
– Single footlock in the air on each foot
– Double footlock in the air
– Candy cane (in the air)
– Split roll-up (in the air)
– Rebecca series (in the air)
Aerial Silks Level 1.5 – Ideal for students wanting to advance to level 2. In this level, students will refine climbs, poses, and basic footlocks introduced in level 1 through self-guided, supervised practice. For students who have taken at least three Level 1 classes at Love/Aerial within the past 2 months that are looking for specific feedback to guide their practice.
Aerial Silks Level 2 – (INSTRUCTOR APPROVAL REQUIRED) Must be able to climb at least halfway up the silks (15 feet) and perform a footlock in the air. In level 2, students will work on inversions and more advanced climbs and poses.
Aerial Silks Level 2.5– Intro to Drops: (INSTRUCTOR APPROVAL REQUIRED) In this class, we will introduce students to basic drops. Must demonstrate competency in basic and military/Russian climb all the way up the silks (30 feet) with smooth descent, proficiency in Russian flirt/big Russian climb, and bent arm, bent knee inverts in air (both single silk and split silk version) MULTIPLE TIMES.
Aerial Silks Level 2.5- Sequence and Endurance– (INSTRUCTOR APPROVAL REQUIRED) In this class, we will focus on creating longer sequences and smoothing out transitions so that you can build the endurance to stay in the air for longer periods of time. We encourage Sequence and Endurance students to continue attending their regular Level 2 or Level 3 skills classes. To attend Sequence and Endurance classes, students must demonstrate competency in basic and military/Russian climb all the way up the silks (30 feet) with smooth descent, proficiency in Russian flirt/big Russian climb, single and double footlocks in the air, and bent arm, bent knee inverts on the ground (both single silk and split silk version).
To advance to level 3, must demonstrate competency in:
– Basic and military/Russian climb to the top of the silks with both left and right sides for both climbs (4 climbs total)
– Big Russian/Russian flirt climb with both legs (at least halfway up the silks)
– Solid egg beater/dancer footlocks in the air
– Comfortable inversions in the air multiple times (bent arms, bent legs ok)
– Outside knee hook into hip key in the air (both left and right side) with minimal sliding and familiarity with a basic hipkey to secretary sequence
– Inside knee hook into thigh lock and seat in the air (both left and right side) with minimal sliding and familiarity with a basic thigh lock swing seat sequence
– Invert with split silks and crochet both legs in the air
– Smooth crossback straddle/straddleback in the air
– 2-3 mins endurance in the air
Aerial Silks Level 3 – (INSTRUCTOR APPROVAL REQUIRED) Must have a solid inversion in the air and be comfortable staying in the air for at least 2-3 minutes at a time. In level 3, students will advance to learning more complex climbs, descents, poses, and drops, and will work on building longer sequences in the air.
Conditioning – Great place to start if you are hesitant about being strong enough for silks. This is a class for any skill level and is geared towards building strength to meet your aerial goals. Classes typically involve arm, leg, abdominal, back, and grip strength conditioning.
Stretch – Class for any skill level.
Dedicated to increasing flexibility.
Private Lessons – Please contact instructors for more information.
Open Practice – We currently offer “open practice” for aerial silks/tissu, aerial hoop/lyra, static trapeze, and corde lisse. NO INSTRUCTION will take place during open practice sessions. These sessions are meant for students who have previous experience on these apparatuses to train their skills. An instructor will be present to supervise, but no teaching will happen during these sessions.
For safety reasons, we ask that students please do not teach each other during open gym sessions or work outside their skill level.
If you are not a student with Love/Aerial, but would like to participate in our Open Practice sessions, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org before you sign up.